Graves Hall on the Morehouse College Campus; 1938

Title

Graves Hall on the Morehouse College Campus; 1938

Description

Graves Hall, built in 1889 under the leadership of the second president, George Sale, was the first building built on the campus of Morehouse College. It has served as a multipurpose building throughout its history. Most notably, it served as a dormitory, to some of Morehouse College’s notable alumni: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (c/o 1948), Maynard Jackson (c/o 1956), and Spike Lee (c/o 1979). In 1991, Graves Hall was listed as Historical Landmark.

Source

Atlanta University Photographs

Date

1938

Contributor

Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library

Rights

All materials in this collection either are protected by copyright or are the property of the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center, Inc., and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact archives@auctr.edu with specific object file name.

Format

image/jpeg

Identifier

auc.001.0087.pho.bdg53.19380000

Files

auc.001.0087.pho.bdg53.19380000.jpg

Citation

“Graves Hall on the Morehouse College Campus; 1938,” AUC Woodruff Library Digital Exhibits, accessed November 20, 2017, http://digitalexhibits.auctr.edu/items/show/358.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page

Item Relations

This item has no relations.