Inauguration of Hugh M. Gloster; 17 February 1968

Title

Inauguration of Hugh M. Gloster; 17 February 1968

Description

Dr. Hugh Morris Gloster, Class of 1931, was the first alumnus president of Morehouse College. He served as president of Morehouse from 1967 to 1987. During his time, the college conducted a successful $20 million fund-raising campaign and added 12 buildings to the campus such as the B.T. Harvey Stadium and the Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel. The College also established a dual-degree program in engineering with Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Michigan and Boston University.

Source

Samuel W. Williams Papers

Date

1968-02-17

Contributor

Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library

Rights

All materials in this collection either are protected by copyright or are the property of the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center, Inc., and/or the copyright holder as appropriate. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact archives@auctr.edu with specific object file name.

Format

image/jpeg

Language

en

Identifier

auc.061.0002_001.doc.b05f19.19680217.tif

Files

auc.061.0002_001.doc.b05f19.19680217.jpg

Citation

“Inauguration of Hugh M. Gloster; 17 February 1968 ,” AUC Woodruff Library Digital Exhibits, accessed September 22, 2017, http://digitalexhibits.auctr.edu/items/show/380.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page

Item Relations

This item has no relations.