Listed below are resources used for research and images for the exhibit.
- Atlanta University Photographs
- Clark College Photographs
- Edward. A. Jones papers
- Hugh M. Gloster collection
- Interdenominational Theological Center Audio Visual collection
- Morris Brown College photographs
- The Athletic Experience at Historically Black Colleges and Universities:
Past, Present, and Persistence, edited by Billy Hawkins; Joseph Cooper; Akilah Carter-Francique and J. Kenyatta Cavil
- The Black Colleges of Atlanta by Rodney T Cohen
- "For The Culture: It’s Time For HBCU Homecomings," By Sydney Hawkins, Study Breaks
- The Divine Nine: The History of African American Fraternities and Sororities, by Lawrence C Ross
- "Historically Black Colleges and Universities," Affordable Colleges Online
- "HBCUs: The history and importance of historically black colleges and universities," by Arianna Herriott, Scripps Media, Inc.
- The History of Athletics at Morehouse College, 1896-1966, by Frank L Forbes
- Morris Brown College, The First Hundred Years, 1881-1981, by George Alexander Sewell and Cornelius V Trou